Canadians’ confidence in the immigration system has been rocked by Justin Trudeau’s chaos and mismanagement.
The reality is, immigration done right is good for the economy, good for jobs, and good for the people who have chosen to come to Canada.
Instead, Justin Trudeau invited a border crisis, resulting in more than 50,000 illegal border crossers entering Canada and costing taxpayers $1.6 billion.
The Conservative Party of Canada are going to restore compassion and fairness to our immigration system and secure our borders by:
- Closing the Safe Third Country Agreement loophole
- Prioritizing funding for important immigration services like language training and credential recognition
- Prioritizing those who apply to come to Canada through the appropriate immigration streams, especially in the family reunification program
- Moving existing Immigration and Refugee Board judges to common illegal border crossing points
- Hiring an additional 250 CBSA enforcement officers
- Working closely with the provinces to best accommodate their immigration needs and issues
These measures will restore fairness and compassion to our immigration system while providing stronger enforcement of the law at the border — something Justin Trudeau has completely failed to do.